Belize's new entry requirements makes it easier to visit while staying safe
In case you missed it, now it’s easier than ever to visit Belize while remaining safe. The Government of Belize recently announced the updated entry requirements for all those wishing to visit Belize. The new protocols provide for further relaxation of the restrictions on movements of visitors, to kick start and rebuild the tourism industry.
Here’s all you need to know:
- The Safe Corridor for tourists has been expanded to include all Gold Standard and Certified entities including hotels, tour operators, restaurants, tourism sites, gift shops, car rentals and taxis. You can move around freely, though it’s highly encouraged to remain within the safe corridor by visiting and using only those entities that are Gold Standard Certified and the certification is displayed and clearly visible.
- Tourists must book their stays at a Gold Standard Hotel.
- The Tourism Gold Standard Program that is currently in place for Hotels and Tour Operators will now be offered to other entities within the tourism industry including tourism sites and attractions, restaurants and gift shops. In addition, car rentals, taxis and other approved transport providers will be offered a certification under the Tourism Gold Standard program.
With travel slowly resuming around the world, health and safety measures are a top concern for travelers. Here in Belize, our visitors’ safety is of the utmost importance, which is why these updated requirements allow our travelers to enjoy their vacation while still being cautious:
1. An application to enter Belize is no longer necessary. Therefore, all residents and tourists are free to travel to Belize at any time.
2. Residents and tourists that arrive with their negative PCR test or test negative at the airport, no longer need to quarantine for 10 days.
3. The requirement to download the Belize Health App and complete the information within 72 hours of arrival in Belize remains mandatory for all incoming passengers - residents and tourists.
For more information on travel to Belize, email us at [email protected] or call us toll-free at 1-800-624-0686.