Ready for your next trip to Belize? We’ve created a new Tourism Gold Standard program to keep you safer from arrival to departure. This extensive program is made specifically for hotels, restaurants and tour operators to enhance their health and safety standards. By adapting these new behaviors and procedures, these properties will be able to ensure the safety of all travellers as they enjoy vacationing in Belize. From our new Belize Health App to enhanced cleanliness protocols for hotels, tours and tourist attractions, we’ve reimagined our travel policies, so you can breathe easy while you explore our curious location.
Traveling to Belize is simple. Just follow our easy-to-use, four-step system when planning your next trip to Belize when travel resumes.
Learn more about traveller classifications and entry requirements. To view the infographic click here.
Gold Standard Hotels Approved for Reopening
- With the safety of travelers being top priority, those wishing to visit Belize will stay at a certified Gold Standard Hotel that has been approved for reopening. These hotels have adapted new behaviors and procedures while ensuring minimal impact on guest experience.
For a list of Gold Standard Hotels approved for reopening click here.
*Note this list is being updated daily
- 1. What categories of travellers will be permitted entry to Belize when travel resumes?
- Click here to view visitor classification and entry requirements.
- 2. Where can I find the Belize Health App?
- The Belize Health App is required to enter Belize and will be available for download on Google Play and in the App Store. You can download the App at any time prior to your trip to Belize, but should enter your personal information within 72 hours of your arrival in Belize.
- 3. I do not have a smartphone/not traveling with a phone – how will I be able to register for the Belize Health App?
- If you don’t have a smart phone you can also download the Belize Health App to a tablet. You should enter your personal information within 72 hours of boarding your flight to Belize, and must have the device with you when you arrive in Belize.
- 4. Where can I find a list of all the countries approved for entry to Belize?
- The Government of Belize (GOB) does not have any travel bans in place for visitors to Belize at this time. We encourage you to visit www.travelbelize.org regularly for updates on Covid-19, as the situation remains fluid.
For other Frequently Asked Questions, please see here.