For generations all over the world, people of all ages have enjoyed the popular children’s game hide-and-seek. But never before has hide-and-seek been played on a stage quite like this.
The country of Belize is hosting the first-ever nationwide game of hide-and-seek to show what makes Belize the perfect destination for travelers who like to hide away from it all and those seeking curious adventure. The experimental, weeklong game will take place in November and span the entire Belizean countryside, from jungle to beach. And YOU can be a player.
- Four Hiders will hide in relaxing locations around Belize
- One Seeker will be paired up with a local guide and use their knowhow to track them
- If the Seeker can find all four Hiders they win the game
Now through Monday, October 8, 2018, U.S. travelers can send an email to [email protected] with “Hider” or “Seeker” in the subject line and explain why they should be chosen to participate. Five participants will be randomly selected and receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Belize.
Entrants must be 18 years old and reside in the United States to be considered. See official rules below.
Belize “Hide & Seek” Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Belize Tourism Board “Sponsor” and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion/fulfillment agencies, and anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this Sweepstakes (hereafter, collectively, "Released Parties"), “Belize “Hide & Seek” Official Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) is only open to those who, as of the start date are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, including the District of Columbia, and who are 18 years of age or older and have a valid Social Security Number or tax identification number. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates divisions, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the administration of this Promotion, and the immediate Families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter.
2. TIMING. The Promotion entry period is from 12:01AM CT, September 24, 2018 through 11:59PM CT, October 8, 2018. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, send an email to [email protected] with “Hider” or “Seeker” in the subject line. Include content that is relevant to the question posed in the Sponsor’s call-for-entries posts, as determined by the Sponsor. Limit of one (1) entry per person no matter the number of attempted entries received. All entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Any attempt by any participant to obtain additional entries beyond the limit by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant shall be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualifications. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, void, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to an entrant’s entry, the person who is the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Promotion. The “authorized account holder” is the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the winning entrant may be deemed ineligible. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. Your Submission must not: (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) depict or describe any risky or offensive behavior or contain images that are obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, false, misleading, illegal, or deceptive; (c) contain any third party products, trade-marks and/or brands, other than those of Sponsor (d) have been entered in any other sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Submission is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to the Submission; and (c) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
6. SELECTION/NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. On October 8, 2018, Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee will select the five winners via a random drawing on or about October 8, 2018 from among all eligible entries received. The entrants selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and requests of Sponsor during the verification process. The potential winner will be notified via email to their Entry. The potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated as follows, 11:59AM CT, October 10, 2018. If the potential winner has not responded by 11:59AM CT, October 10, 2018 after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release by 11:59AM CT, October 10, 2018, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules or the requests of Sponsor, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion in his/her place, at random from among all eligible, non-winning entries received by Sponsor within the guidelines for the initial Promotion.
WINNER REQUIREMENTS. Each player will be asked to be an active participant in the country-wide Hide & Seek game in Belize from November 12 to November 18, 2018. This may include: Traveling to Belize, participating in the game, being featured in paid and social content on the Belize Tourism Board’s social channels, communicating with Agency or participating Hotel staff about the game, being comfortable with solo travel, wearing branded Hide & Seek attire, adhering to a predetermined itinerary set forth by Agency, etc. By entering this sweepstakes, all players acknowledge that such participation may be potentially hazardous, and hereby represent that he/she is physically, psychologically and medically able to participate in this activity. Players assume all risks associated with participation in this Sweepstakes. Players also expressly consent to any physical contact that might naturally result from participation in this sweepstakes/game.
7. PRIZE(S). A total of Five (5) winners will be selected to play the country-wide Hide & Seek game in Belize from November 12 to November 18, 2018 (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value of each player’s Prize is $5,000 USD. Winner must be at least 18 years of age to participate. Winner(s) will be provided with international airfare to Belize from a major airport in the contiguous United States, hotel accommodations, in-country transportation related to the game, and pre-paid meals. Any expenses and incidental travel costs beyond the Prize amount listed above, including but not limited to, activities, tips, baggage fees, cell phone service, wi-fi, ground transportation, incidentals, passport fees, travel insurance fees, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the Winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. If potential winner does not wish to accept the prize, an alternate winner will be selected from the pool of eligible entrants. All details of the prize not set forth herein will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner.
Prize winners will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the prize ARV in these Official Rules. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Travel/hotel accommodations and transportation are subject to availability, change, restrictions, and are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Guest must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, luggage or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if any portion is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
8. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’, public relations agencies’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
9. PRIVACY AND DISCLAIMER. We respect each entrant’s privacy. All information provided by entrants to this Sweepstakes shall not be sold or distributed to any third parties except as permitted or required by law. Information collected from entrants to the Sweepstakes is collected, used and protected according to ICF’s privacy statement. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants acknowledge that they have read and accepted ICF’s privacy statement and the terms and conditions outlined here.
For the purpose of facilitating the administration of this Sweepstakes and preparation and delivery of the prizes, participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes each Entrant’s consent of disclosure to ICF or Belize Tourism Board of the name, email, phone number, and address associated with the Entrant’s winning entry, if any, to each other and any other merchant or service provider involved with administering this Sweepstakes, or preparing or delivering any prize. ICF’s privacy statement further explains how ICF or Belize Tourism Board’s collects, uses and safeguards customer information found in the ICF’s privacy statement here: https://www.icf.com/privacy-statement. To view the Belize Tourism Board’s privacy statement, click here: https://www.travelbelize.org/privacy-policy.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, garbled, stolen, undelivered or misdirected mail, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections including those through social network sites; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's property resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, network, human, technical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or registrations, the announcement of the prize or in any other Sweepstakes -related materials. The use of automated entry or similar devices or other means to subvert the entry process is prohibited and entries through such prohibited means are void. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor via telephone, e-mail and through relevant channels for Sweepstakes purposes only.
Non-compliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, the awarding of prize to an alternate winner. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees may use (unless prohibited by law) their name, voice, city/state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies (including attorneys’ fees) and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever, fully and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, promotional partners and prize suppliers, Twitter and Instagram, and all their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Promotion.