#TorontoToBelize Contest (“Contest”)
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to residents of the Greater Toronto Area, ON who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, have a Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account and are following the Belize Tourism Board on relevant platform at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of the Belize Tourism Board ("Sponsor"), and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, WestJet, an Alberta partnership (hereinafter referred to as the “Prize Supplier”), advertising/promotion/fulfillment agencies, and anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this Contest (hereinafter, collectively, "Released Parties") and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household of such employees, officers, directors and agents, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Contest begins at 12 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) November, 21 2016, and ends at 3:00 PM ET on November 28, 2016 (the “Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: Follow the Belize Tourism Board on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Once you are following, show or tell us—through copy, a photo, or video—why you want to travel to Belize (the “Submission”) and include the following: #TorontoToBelize #Contest (the “Required Hashtag”)(collectively an “Entry Post”) during the Entry Period. All Entry Posts must comply with the posting requirements of the applicable social platform as well as the submission requirements set out below. You will receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Grand Prize draw for the Entry Post.
Only Instagram, Facebook or Twitter accounts associated with an individual may be used for entry in this Contest; entries received from an Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account associated with any organization, company, corporation, partnership or other entity will be void. You must include the Required Hashtag to participate. An Entry Post must be posted and received during the Entry Period and identifiable by and viewable to Sponsor during the Entry Period and at the time of winner selection and prize award for this Contest to be eligible. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may accept or disqualify an Entry Post that contains either a technically incorrect Required Hashtag or content that is: (i) superfluous to the required content or (ii) otherwise violates these Official Rules. Entry Posts that are not both actually visible and timely received by Sponsor will not be entered into a Contest. For purposes of this Contest, an Entry Post is “received” when the Instagram, Facebook or Twitter platform (as applicable) records your Entry Post and it is visible to Sponsor. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. Incorrect and/or incomplete Entry Posts, posts received outside the applicable Entry Period, and/or Entry Posts that contain obscene or offensive content or language or any content or language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive reputation and image with which Sponsor wishes to associate itself (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be void.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per platform, per person throughout the Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple/different social accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities, email addresses, social media platform accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest, then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Facsimiles, mechanical reproductions, alterations, garbled, incomplete, unintelligible, misdirected, lost, late, mutilated, or forged entries, or entries generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and are void. Those who do not follow all instructions, provide the required information in their entry, or abide by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries made by any other individual or by any entity, or originating at or using any website, other than the Instagram, Facebook or Twitter platform, including, without limitation, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest.
IMPORTANT: Sponsor may not be able to view Entry Posts, receive or send messages, or otherwise receive entries or detect participation from social platform users with “private” updates due to the way the social platform operates its services (i.e., user has set their account(s) so that only people whom the user has approved can view their updates). Sponsor may not be able to communicate with a participant via some of the social platform’s features if participant is not using the latest version of the social platform app or “follow” or otherwise connect his or her account with Sponsor’s account on the social platform. It is each participant’s sole responsibility to take all steps required for Sponsor to be able to detect and view his or her Entry Post, to set his or her social platform account settings to accept communications by Sponsor, and to timely check his or her social platform account for any direct messages, direct posts, or @Replies (as applicable) from Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to the social platforms (or any website or mobile application offered as part of such platform) or its functionality that may interfere with the Contest or ability of a participant to timely enter or otherwise participate at all. Sponsor is not responsible for misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability of Sponsor to locate a purported Entry Post using a search to find eligible entries.
All use of Instagram in this Contest must comply with the Instagram Terms of Service, available at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/. All use of Facebook in this Contest must comply with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities available at www.facebook.com/terms. All use of Twitter in this Contest must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com
All Entry Posts are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor and Prize Supplier reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry Post entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- Submission Requirements: Your Submission must not: (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) depict or describe any risky or offensive behaviour or contain images that are obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, false, misleading, illegal, deceptive, or otherwise inconsistent with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram’s editorial standards; (c) contain any third party products, trade-marks and/or brands, other than those of Sponsor (d) have been entered in any other contest. By submitting an Entry Post, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Submission is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to the Submission; and (c) the Entry Post complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
- Use of Entries: All entrants submitting materials/content as part of the Contest, including, without limitation, their Submission and Entry Post, will be non-exclusively licensing (with the unlimited right to sublicense) to the Sponsor the right to use such materials, and the images contained therein (including entrant’s name, social media account username and likeness), for any purpose (including any and all commercial purposes), in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised, worldwide, with the right to modify the materials and make derivative works thereof. Entrants represent and warrant that the materials submitted will not infringe or violate any right whatsoever, including, without limitation, any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, right to ideas, etc.) of any person or entity and the use thereof will result in no third party liability or obligations.
- Drawing: On approximately 4:00 p.m. ET on December 5, 2016 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible Entry Posts received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of total Entry Posts received during the Entry Period.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: On December 5, 2016, Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner that he or she may have won a prize by direct message through the social media platform through which the potential winner entered the Contest. Potential prize winner will have five (5) consecutive days to respond to the direct message and provide his/her contact details to the Sponsor. If a potential winner cannot be reached OR in the event a potential winner does not accept the prize or fails to comply with these Official Rules and requirements within five consecutive (5) days of being contacted by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given and Sponsor, with Prize Suppliers approval will have sole discretion to randomly select another winner.
Before being declared the winner, the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, without aid or assistance, and will also be required to sign a Declaration of Eligibility, General Liability and/or Publicity Release and/or other documents as required by Sponsor within the time frame specified by the Sponsor. If potential winner fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, potential winner will be deemed ineligible. A new potential winner will then be selected from eligible entries in accordance with these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right at its soles discretion to use a different feature of the social platform for notification for any reason, including, without limitation by posting a comment on the potentially-winning Entry Post or elsewhere. Each participant is required as a condition of entry to follow any and all requirements in any notification by Sponsor in order to be eligible to win.
- Prize: One (1) winner will receive round- trip econo class flights for two (2) people on WestJet, with regularly marketed and operated service from Toronto, ON (YYZ) to Belize City (BZE). The approximate retail value of the prize is Fourteen Hundred Canadian Dollars ($1400.00 CAD). Taxes, fees and surcharges are not included, and must be paid for by the winner at the time of booking the flights with a valid credit card. Travel must be completed by April 23, 2017. Prize is not valid for any flights departing after such date and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted. Prize cannot be booked more than thirty (30) days prior to departure. Actual value of the Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations. Flights/travel is subject to promotional availability and blackout dates. Peak dates such as statutory holidays, long weekends and airline blackout periods are not available for the prize. Flights are based on economy airfare and seating. Travel must be round-trip and winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. Prize Supplier will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for transportation to and from the gateway airport and all other expenses not expressly stated as included herein including but not limited to, ground transportation, merchandise, accomodations, meals, incidentals, passport fees, baggage fees, gratuities, medical insurance fees, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winner. Changes to flights and or passenger names are not accepted, once bookings have been confirmed. Prize is not valid for redemption on WestJet Vacations’ packages, or WestJet’s charter or code share partners. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by the Prize Supplier. Additional Prize Conditions: Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be sold or traded or otherwise transferred to others, substituted, redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or alternative prizes, except in the Prize Supplier’s sole discretion. Prize Supplier reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if the prize is not taken. The flight component is subject to government restrictions and regulations, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Prize Supplier is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s), and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein. Winner and his/her guest must have, and are responsible for obtaining, all necessary identification and or travel documents and any required medical and travel related necessities. It is recommended that the winner and his/her guest obtain sufficient personal health insurance prior to departure. Sponsor and Prize Supplier are not responsible for any lost prizes. Other restrictions may apply.
Winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence as of November 21, 2016 and will be required to sign and return a Liability and Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, garbled, stolen, undelivered or misdirected entries, mail, direct messages, or email messages; interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections including those through social network sites; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, network, human, technical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any other Contest-related materials. The use of automated entry or similar devices or other means to subvert the entry process is prohibited and entries through such prohibited means are void. By entering this Contest, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor via telephone, e-mail and through relevant channels for Contest purposes only.
Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, the awarding of Prize to an alternate winner. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees may use (unless prohibited by law) their name, voice, city/state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2.) Released Parties and their designees, successors and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) or participation in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labour controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select a winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies (including legal fees) and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.