Whether you’re expecting your first, second or fifth bundle of joy, we can all agree pregnancy is no vacation. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take one! Babymooning deserves as much hype as honeymooning. With the onslaught of responsibilities as a mother, a tropical paradise is the only thing that might not make you nauseous. The American Pregnancy Association advises mothers that the ideal time to travel is in your second trimester. With this information, here are some reasons why Belize should be your babymoon pick.
Belize is Perfect for Babymooners:
- R&R. While the word ‘relax’ might not be in expecting mothers’ current vocabulary, a rest and relaxation trip to Belize is just what the doctor prescribed. From yoga retreats and wellness spas to sunset dining, the North Islands have it all.
- Pregnancy-photo shoot ready. A walk along the Placencia shoreline or wading in a (easily accessible) waterfall, these idyllic scenes are perfect for backdrops. Imagine your pregnant silhouette backlit by the sunset over the Caribbean Sea…chills.
- Infinite cuisine options. Craving some mangoes? Hopkins has your back. Not feeling the (amazing) street food? No problem, some coconut rice and beans will save the day. If you’re feeling particularly selective, the multitude of cultures in Belize have a dish for even the pickiest of pregnant moms.
- Make the most of festivals. As the little one comes along, it’ll be a while before you can go to adventurous places. Why not make the most of it by indulging in them now? From food festivals to traditional rituals, there’s somewhere to go all year round. (Advice: if you’re craving chocolate, check out the extravagant Chocolate Festival in May.)
- Beach bumming. Sometimes all you need is a good-old fashioned vegging out – on the beach that is. Head to The Split in Caye Caulker for some refreshing (virgin) piña coladas. Take a scenic boat ride to Shark Ray Alley where you get to feed actual sharks. Or lying in the silky sand while your other half paddleboards a few yards away sounds ideal, too.
There are countless itineraries to choose from when planning your Babymoon vacay. For more ideas, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-800-624-0686.