Traveling to Belize Through our Land Borders
The Government of Belize reopened the Western Border (Benque Viejo Del Carmen) and the Northern Border (Santa Elena) to Foreign Tourists, ONLY. Kindly note the following requirements:
- Only Foreign Tourists traveling to Belize using the passport of a country other than Belize Shall be eligible for entry.
- Foreign Tourists must show proof of booking for at least three nights at a Belize Tourism Board Gold Standard Certified Hotel or Accommodation.
- Foreign Tourists are permitted to enter with their own private vehicles and utilize their personal transportation for travel within Belize.
- Foreign Tourists who do not enter with a private vehicle must be transported from the border facilities by a certified Gold Standard transport operator.
- All Foreign Tourists wishing to enter Belize must provide proof of full COVID-19 immunization, via a stamped immunization card issued by the country of origin of the Foreign Tourist.
- Foreign Tourists that provide proof of full immunization may be subject to random testing, at their expense, on arrival by the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
- Foreign Tourists that do not provide proof of full immunization will be administered a Rapid Test for COVID-19 by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, at their own expense. NO external COVID-19 PCR or Rapid tests will be accepted.
- Any person, upon arrival, presenting flu-like symptoms will be administered a Rapid Test by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, at their own expense.
For any further information kindly review our FAQs