Traveling to Belize Through our Land Borders
The Government of Belize reopened the Western Border (Benque Viejo Del Carmen) and the Northern Border (Santa Elena) to Foreign Tourists, ONLY. Kindly note the following requirements:
- Only Foreign Tourists traveling to Belize using the passport of a country other than Belize Shall be eligible for entry.
- Foreign Tourists must show proof of booking for at least three nights at a Belize Tourism Board Gold Standard Certified Hotel or Accommodation.
- Foreign Tourists are permitted to enter with their own private vehicles and utilize their personal transportation for travel within Belize.
- Foreign Tourists who do not enter with a private vehicle must be transported from the border facilities by a certified Gold Standard transport operator.
- All travellers, both vaccinated and unvaccinated entering Belize through the Northern and Western Borders will be administered a Rapid Test for COVID-19 by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, at their own expense. No external COVID-19 PCR or Rapid Test will be accepted at these points of entry.
- Any person, upon arrival, presenting flu-like symptoms will be administered a Rapid Test by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, at their own expense.
The Western Border and the Northern Border shall be open to foreign tourists from: Monday- Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Saturday and Sunday morning 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
For any further information kindly review our FAQs