Traveling to Belize Through our Land Borders
The Government of Belize reopened the Western Border (Benque Viejo Del Carmen) and the Northern Border (Santa Elena) to both Foreign Tourists and locals. Kindly note the following requirements:
- Effective March 1, 2022, fully vaccinated travellers no longer require a negative test but must show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport, land borders or sea ports.
- If not fully vaccinated and unable to show proof of vaccination, children ages 5 and older will be subjected to SARCoV2 testing for entry into Belize.
- Commencing on the 15th day of February 2022, every foreign tourist entering Belize through any land border (and airport) shall be required to purchase travel insurance prior to or upon arrival in Belize.
- Foreign tourist are NO LONGER REQUIRED to have a minimum number of nights stay in Belize.
- Persons entering Belize through the Belize Northern Border shall enter through the Chetumal Bridge ONLY.
The Western Border and the Northern Border shall be open to foreign tourists from: 6:00 am – 10:00 pm. All Sea Ports will be open from 6:00 am- 4:00pm.
For any further information kindly review our FAQs