Belize Independence Day!
Patriotic unity peaks on the horizon, as the wave of red, white and blue signals Belize into its “ Independence Day Anniversary”, September 21st!
With authenticity at its core, be exposed to the infectious jovial vibes that only Belize’s national September Celebrations offers…
Travel to Belize City for a full day of activities, starting with the official ceremonies, a colorful street parade, and indulge in all the local foods at the Street Bram!
There’s much to-do on Independence Day, September 21st, and wherever you find yourself in Belize City or any other region of the country, you are guaranteed a memorable time!
- “Official Independence Day Ceremonies”: held at the Memorial Park at 8:00 a.m.
- “Belize City Uniform Parade”: through the principal streets of Belize City 9:30 a.m.
- “Independence Day Street Bram”: on Albert & Regent Streets 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Indulge in the staple dishes of Belize that are infused with the succulent local flavors during this month-long of festivities. Highlights include: “Orange Walk’s Carnival Road March”, “Jouvert” and the “Battle of St. George’s Caye”!
A Brief History on Belize’s “Independence Day”
Belize beckons adventure, and its rich history is an equal allurement. From our Maya Ancestry to our former British Colony to the historic Garifuna Settlement, we are one country with many cultures, including Mestizo and Creole, all living in harmony. Join in our celebrations!
Did-you-know that British Honduras was the first name of Belize, while under the Colony of Britain?
- 1862 Belize became a Colony of Britain.
- 1973 Changed its name from “British Honduras” to “Belize”.
- September 21st, 1981, Belize gained independence from Britain.
Be in unity with Belize as we celebrate our vibrant traditions! For more information on this and other events happening in Belize, or to get tips on planning your dream vacation, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us TOLL FREE at: 1-800-624-0686.