There is no one way to fall in love with Belize. It may have happened while on a trip with your family when you were a kid, or from your coworker’s vacation pictures over Thanksgiving Break. But after some research, you are convinced Belize is the perfect place to enjoy your retirement. Here are reasons why you should retire in Belize.
- English is our official language. There is no language barrier when it comes to getting friendly with locals in Belize. Though most of us speak Spanish and the Kriol dialect, the majority of us also speak English. In fact, we are the only English-speaking country in Central America!
- No crowds. Belize is still relatively a hidden gem when it comes to retiring. This means that there are no oversaturation of retirees or expats living on the beach.
- Just a flight away. Sure, the French Riviera sounds lovely to spend the rest of your days, but thinking about the 10-hour flight is already making our legs cramp up. Belize is only a flight away from most major airports, with amazing beaches and islands waiting for you.
- You don’t have to wait till you’re 65. The QRP (Qualified Retirement Person) Program in Belize requires you to be at least 45 years old, so you don’t have to wait until you’re 65. Actually, there are a number of reasons why the QRP program is called one of the best in the world.
- Taxes. Speaking of how great the QRP program is, all retirees who are accepted into the program are exempt from taxes on all income gotten from outside Belize. You can also import personal belongings such as a car, boat and a light aircraft without paying import duties!
- USD Accepted everywhere. No need to change to Belize Dollars as American bills are accepted virtually everywhere. Not to mention the exchange rate is in favor of the USD, at $1USD: $2BZD.
- Tropical weather all year round. A major pro in your list of why you should choose Belize, the weather is amazing all year round. We do have a rainy reason from June to November, but the rain never lasts longer than a couple days. In December, the temperature drops to a delicious 60 to 70 degrees (F), and in the summer it warms up to 90(F), offering the perfect opportunity to enjoy the Caribbean Sea or the rainforest (or both!)
- It’s Belize! Do you need more reasons? Tiny islands, Maya temples, jungle canopies, sea breeze, friendly people, to-die-for food––need we go on? Belize offers such a rich way of life while also catering to those who are serious about their R&R.
If you’d like more information on retiring in Belize, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-800-624-0686 or read more at https://www.belizetourismboard.org/programs-events/retirement-program/.