Belize is welcoming travelers again, with a Tourism Gold Standard program in place designed to keep you safe and recognized as one of the top in the world. See our Health & Safety page for up-to-date details related to COVID-19 vaccinations, testing requirements and everything else you need to know in order to have the Belize vacation of your dreams.
Belize is the perfect destination for Spring travel with a year-round warm climate and adventures to suit every type of traveler and budget. From spelunking into ancient caves, to a wildlife watching on a lagoon, to soaking in the rays on a sandbar— the hardest decision you’ll have to make is narrowing down your Spring Break itinerary. Getting the most out of your Spring Break in Belize doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. Follow these budget-friendly tips recommended by seasoned travelers and locals:
- Join a Group Tour: Taking a tour with other persons can be substantially more friendly on your pocket. While booking an individual or private tour comes with its own rewards, it can also mean paying for everything yourself. Choose a group option or ask about extra spots on a scheduled tour you’re dreaming of doing. Plus, a group tour is a great way to meet potentially new friends that share the same interests.
- Eat like a local. Belize has a plethora of tasty dishes inspired by its diverse cultures. Prioritize dining at higher-end restaurants on your trip and stroll around town sampling the local food scene.Grab some panades, tamales or conch fritters for a savory, cheap treat. Pro Tip: Ask around or keep an eye out for spots that are buzzing with locals.
- Visit an underrated destination. Caye Caulker, San Pedro, and Placencia might get all the Spring break fame, but there are plenty other places to see and things to do in Belize. Consider exploring Toledo, the hidden gem of the south. Punta Gorda Town, Toledo’s capital, is a gateway to everything off-the-beaten path, from pristine islands, authentic cultural experiences, and Maya archaeological sites. Not to mention, some of the most laid back and nicest people you’ll ever meet.
- Don’t miss out on Happy Hour! Take advantage of drinks and food specials during this special time of the day. This social tradition isn’t just reserved for the weekend, with many restaurants and bars hosting happy hour during the week. Times may vary, but happy hour is typically from the late afternoon to early evening. Look out for the chalk board signs announcing happy hour and specials. No need to worry about splurging when it’s two-for-one cocktails.
- Save with local deals. When planning your vacation be sure to search around for the best local deals. With the tourist season well underway, hotels and tour operators are welcoming visitors with discounts off vacation packages and special rates for certain activities. Being in the know can be the difference between having extra money to book a standard room or get in on an entire vacation package that includes a jacuzzi and snorkeling tour. These are things you shouldn’t miss out on.
Follow these tips to make your dollar go a long way during Spring Break. Your pockets will thank you. Looking for more tips? Check out these cheap or free things to do in Belize.